Project 4 | Coin Eating Robot
Step-by-step Guide | Let's Build the Project
1. Begin by printing the A4-sized template
2. Glue the paper template onto a piece of cardboard and cut out the pieces.
3. Create a fold by cutting the middle section of one layer of two-layered cardboard. This will split the cardboard but keep the two layers connected, allowing it to bend at the cut and function like a hinge.
4. Attach the sides together using a hot glue gun, making sure to place the bendy piece at the backside.
5. Glue the top and bottom parts.
6. Cut along the dotted line, it should look like this
7. Use a 20cm steel clothes hanger to form this shape.
8. Insert it inside the box.
9. It should look like this.
10. Attach a popsicle stick to the steel on each side of the box.
11. Glue another popsicle stick on top.
12. Bend the steel to fix it in position and glue it.
13. Remove the dotted eyes from the template.
14. Make two holes on the right side of the robot.
15. Attach a mini piece of popsicle stick to the servo motor using a hot glue gun.
16. Glue the servo motor to the backside of the robot near the steel.
17. Attach the ultrasonic sensor to the front of the robot.
18. Use another piece of steel to join one side of the popsicle stick to the upper part of the mouth so that when it lifts up, it opens the mouth as well.
19. Connect the servo motor, ultrasonic sensor, and battery jack to REKA:BIT.
20. Make a mini coin holder and place it on top of the popsicle stick.